BEST CAR
BEST CAR

Sunday 27 September 2009

Fisichella disappointed with Ferrari struggle

fisi_fif1_08pre

Felipe Massa wins Bahrain GP 2008


Giancarlo Fisichella was bitterly and visibly disappointed after qualifying a lowly 18th for his second Grand Prix at the wheel of a Ferrari.

The Roman veteran had an uncompetitive weekend at Monza two weeks ago after replacing the hapless Luca Badoer, but had expected a step forward on the Singapore streets.

"Unfortunately the improvement has not come," Fisichella is quoted as saying by Auto Motor und Sport.

"The track is very bumpy, the walls are extremely close and I am missing the confidence when I am braking," he explained.

Fisichella said he is losing most of the lap time compared with his teammate Kimi Raikkonen under braking.

"Every time I come to a braking point I think, 'This is a Ferrari, not a Force India'. You have to brake differently and change down the gears later.

"The field is so close together and (the cars) look alike but they are completely different," he continued. "The best thing for me would be a full test day so I can get some more confidence."

Fisichella said the problem is not Ferrari's engine, with many commentators believing the Mercedes he has raced for most of 2009 is clearly the best in the field.

"The power (of the two engines) is about the same but the driveability of the Ferrari is better," said the 36-year-old.

Fisichella's former teammate Adrian Sutil sympathises with the Italian.

"I don't know what I would have done in the same situation (of being offered a Ferrari seat)," the German said. "It would be a difficult decision.

"I am glad that I sat in the Force India at Monza and got my points," he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment